August 8, 1901, the Philippine Constabulary was Organized
On August 8, 1901, the Philippine Constabulary (PC) was organized pursuant to Act No. 175 of the Philippine Commission on July 18, 1901, an agency known as the Insular Police Force which became the Philippine Constabulary pursuant to Act No. 2711, otherwise known as the Revised Administrative Code of March 10, 1917.
It was organized by Henry T. Allen as the local police force. Allen an American, was later dubbed as the Father of the Philippine Constabulary. By authority of Act No. 175 of the Philippine Commission, the PC was established to assist the United States military in combating the remaining Filipino revolutionaries.
The PC was replaced in 1991 by the current Philippine National Police.